The jurisdiction of Guang Shan Branch is located in the North West side of Taitung County, next to the Cheng Kung Branch in the east, Kaohsiung County Lou Gui Branch in the west, Hualien County Yu Li Branch in the north, and Taitung Branch in the south. It consists of the three lowland townships, namely, Guang Shan Township, Lu Ye Hsiang and Chi Shang Hsiang, and the two mountain townships, namely Hai Duan Hsiang and Yen Ping Hsiang, and 35 villages/basic units and 445 communities, occupying an area of 1562.16 square kilometers, including the mountain occupying an area of 1335 square kilometers, i.e. 84.8% of the total areas. In consideration of the wide mountain areas, except 50 M to the two sides of Luan
Shan Village of Yen Ping Hsiang and Southern-Cross Island Highway is open for access, the other areas are identified as the permanently controlled zones and specifically controlled zones in the mountain areas.
Huatung Railway is the main access to the jurisdiction. The transportation is convenient, and the Southern-Cross Island Highway passes through Hai Duan Hsiang of this County until Jiaxiang Hsiang of Kaohsiung, of which the length totals 204 kilometers, including the line from Hai Duan Hsiang to Da Kuan Shan Tunnel Entrance, totaling 58 kilometers, covering such scenic spots as Chu Lai, Xin Wu, Xia Ma, Wu Lu, Li Dao, Xiang Yang and Ya Kou. Tourists may taste fine tea and watch brilliant flying umbrella sports in the Luye Sightseeing Tea Farm and Flight Umbrella Resort of the Luye District. The famous Hongye Little League Baseball Museum and Hongye Hot Spring are located in Yen Ping. The Cross Country Bike Ride in Guangshan Waterfront Park is available to the public for bike riding and appreciating the magnificent views of Guangshan Township. The Chi Shang District provides the most famous and delicious Chi Shang Rice, and such scenic spot as Da Po Pond. Meanwhile, people do not need to head for Mainland China to watch and learn yurts and folk customs in Mongolia, as they can witness the same in Chishang Mu Ye Center. The Center also provides tourists with rooms for accommodation if the tourists feel exhausted after having fun.
Guang Shan Branch was formerly known as Li Long Branch Office in the age of Japanese Governance. It has been 25 years since the two-storey building was built in the front of the old building in 1979. Under the renovation and maintenance instructed by the directors of past terms, the environment around the office is well planned but still reserves the local unsophisticated view.