This Branch originated from the Ba Lan Wei Liaison Office initially incorporated under Taiwan Governor-General Office Order No. 39 in Ba Lan Wei Village of Nan Hsiang on June 19th of the 34th Year of the Meiji Period (1901), the jurisdiction of which extended south to the Chi Ben River originally governed by the Beinan Liaison Office. Therefore, this Branch was formerly known as the Ba Lan Wei Liaison Office. The first director was Aoki Saburo. On November 11th of the same year (the 34th Year of Meiji Period), the Liaison Office was reorganized as the Ba Lan Wei Branch Office under Taiwan Governor-General Office Order No. 66. The Director-General of the Branch Office was also assumed Aoki Saburo, whose jurisdiction covered the south to Chi Ben River. 警局照片
In August of the 38th Year of the Meiji Period (1905), the Ba Lan Wei Branch Office installed the Da Chu Kao Police Station and the Gu Zi Lun Police Station, and the Tai Ma Li, Xia Zi Lun, Da Chu Kao and Gu Zi Lun official police stations for aboriginal affairs in September of the 40th Year of the Meiji Period (1907), and the Gu Ma, Da La Da Lang, Jin Huang and Da Mang Ya police stations for aboriginal affairs in the 42nd Year of the Meiji Period (1909), and the Mi Lao Lao, Yu Mu and Da Li Li police stations for aboriginal affairs in the 1st Year of the Dazhen Period (1912).
In the 9th Year of the Dazhen Period (1920), the Ba Lan Wei Branch Office was reorganized as the Da Wu Branch Office. The Director-General was Yamashita Mataki. In the 15th Year of the Dazhen Period (1926), the Da Wu Branch Office installed the Da Niao, Da Chu Kao, Da Xi, Long, Xia Zi Lun, Xiang Lan and Tai Ma Li police stations.
In the 3rd Year of the Zhaohe Period (1928), the Da Wu Branch Office added the A Lan Wei Police Post and the Da Ban Lu Police Post in the 4th Year of the Zhaohe Period (1929).
After Taiwan Restoration, Taitung County Police Station was incorporated on March 29, 1947, and the Da Wu Branch Office was renamed the Dong Fong Mountain Branch. Later, the Da Wu Branch was officially incorporated in 1952 whose jurisdiction extended to the south to Chi Ban River.
After martial law was declared over in 1987, the National Security Act provided that the entry/exit of people should be managed by the police authorities. In order to perform security checks on the vessels (rafts), crew and cargo entering into/exiting from fishing ports, this Branch installed 12 police posts (stations) in the fishing ports. The police posts (stations) in the fishing ports under jurisdiction of this Branch included Mei He, San He, Nan Keng, Bei Li, Xiang Lang, Da Xi, Jin Lun, Da Chu, Da Niao, Da Wu, Nan Xing and Shang Wu, et al. (taken over by Coast Guard Administration, Executive Yuan in June 1999)
The basic units directly under jurisdiction of this Branch are the Tai Ma Li Police Post, Jin Fong Police Posts and the Da Ren Police Post, and there are 14 police stations subordinated to this Branch including Mei He, Xin Xing (working with Zhen Xing Police Station), Zhen Xing, Li Qiu, Dou Liang, Tai Ban, Tu Ban, Xin Hua, Da Wu, Shang Wu, Kao Xi (working with the Da Wu Police Station), San Yong, and Nan Tien (working with the Da Ren Police Station).